Wednesday 6 July 2011

Baby Blues and Little Lottis - 4th July 2011

I awoke on Monday morning to a text message telling me that the CES at work was happening right now! So after I quickly threw on some clothes and grabbed my ringing pliers I was out the door and on my way. I arrived at the site just after another net round had been completed. The rest of the morning ran quite smoothly with a little debate about differences in record keeping thrown in!


Measuring up a Chiffchaff.


Species for the morning included: Blackcap, Blackbird, Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Robin, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Chaffinch,  Long-Tailed Tit and a camera shy Wren. There were a good number of newly fledged Blue Tits that were ringed as well as a very cute little Long-Tailed Tit fledgling (my favourite garden bird).


Little Lotti


A baby Blue.

A good morning's ringing was had, I personally ringed 10 new birds and processed 1 retrap. I was accompanied by fellow trainees Ian Hainsworth and Cedwyn Davies and their trainer Heather Coats.


Ian, Heather and Cedwyn hard at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment